True Offline Backup as a Service OBaaS – VMsources Exclusive Offering
VMsources is introducing the world’s first Offline Backup as a Service OBaaS, offering your Organization total protection against Malware while completely eliminating the possibility of Insider Threats. For the ultimate in Data Protection, nothing beats VMsources OBaaS, fully compliant with Veeam’s own 3-2-1-1-0 Rule!
Risks of current offline backups
While many vendors and providers allude to the possibility of “virtual offline” backups using connected devices and Big-Cloud systems (think: Virtual Tape Library -or- S3 Immutable Bucket), what happens if the device or vendor itself gets hacked? The reality is: once a Threat Actor gains root, account, or device access, it’s all over!
Let’s also consider internally-managed offline backups, such as a true tape library. While these offline backups have traditionally been considered the “gold standard,” they cannot be considered to be truly safe from Insider Threats. Moreover, what happens if the device or system fails or is not maintained on schedule?
VMsources OBaaS Solution
VMsources OBaaS solution is safe, secure, effective, auditable, and reportable because we have designed it using our motto: “Simplicity is elegance.”
We created OBaaS using enterprise commodity software (Veeam Backup and Replication) targeting rotated media, which is then stored in a secure, audited facility. VMsources OBaaS provides the ultimate in protection and security by actually removing the media after a backup/restore cycle and placing it in a secure location.
Here’s how it works:
- We start with a secure backup to one of our audited Data Center facilities – SV4 or VA1.
- We assign dedicated removable media to your Organization with sufficient capacity to store the Offline Backups.
- We configure a Veeam Backup and Replication job targeting your Organizations dedicated rotated media.
- An independent contractor rotates the media on a schedule of your choosing.
Why choose VMsources to perform Offline Backups?
- It is a true Offline Backup, rendering your data safe from Malware and other forms of security breach.
- It is a true Offsite Backup on separate media, providing an essential part of the 3-2-1-1-0 Backup Rule.
- It is managed within a secure, audited facility by independent contractors, rendering your data safe from Insider Threats and maintenance oversights.
VMsources goes one step beyond, by not only removing the process from your internal staff but ours as well! We contract exclusively with CoreSite as a completely independent service (with supervision and accountability) to perform the rotation of media, so you can be assured of secure, offline backups!