Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) is a combination of Service Levels designed to protect your mission-critical data and services. VMsources can have your entire IT infrastructure protected in under a week, so give us a call now!
Designed to provide the highest level of Business Continuity attainable anywhere, our DRaaS Private Cloud is designed from the ground up with one goal: to protect your data. From best-of-breed servers to fully redundant infrastructure, VMsources Cloud provides effective, verifiable White Glove Disaster Recovery solutions customized to suit our clients specific needs We don’t seek to over-simplify the true nature of Disaster Recovery; it’s just that we have already solved the problems, licensed the products, and have our solution in place.
One of the most important aspects of VMsources' Disaster Recovery is our ability to exactly replicate your entire production network. Our disaster recovery plans allow you to run all of your protected servers and desktops as they are, without changing IP addresses relative to one and other.
- VMsources VPN appliance insures efficient and secure transmission of data over any internet connection.
- We typically recommend a minimum connection speed of 10 Mbps.
- VMsources has disk-based solutions with FedEX – no bandwidth required!
- We have a Gigabit Port and 100% optical connection to the Internet Backbone with CenturyLink, a Tier 1 ISP.
- VMsources partners directly with Veeam so we can utilize their replication technology which features inline compression and deduplication so you get faster R.T.O. and reduced bandwidth consumption!
- VMsources offers 5 Tiers of enterprise SAN Storage from archive to 10 Gig SSD SAN
With all of the resources we already have in place, and all of the processes we have licensed and mastered; we could literally, seed the data today  and by tomorrow night you would have a White Glove Disaster Recovery plan in place!
Here’s how Disaster Recovery works:
- VMsources White Glove Disaster Recovery specialists come to your facility to prepare an initial “seed” of all the Servers/VMs/Computers that you would like to protect.
- While we are at your facility, we create a VPN connection from your location to our datacenter.
- We transport your data (in our custody – not by common carrier) to our secure datacenter facility.
- VMsources will upload your data to dedicated SAN storage.
- We establish scheduled replication with Veeam Backup and Replication.
- We provide you a username and password to your private Veeam Server (on your side of the VPN or ours! Best Practice: Veeam Server on DR side), along with training on how to run or test your DR plan.
- When you test your DR plan, or in the event of an actual disaster, your protected Servers/VMs/Computers will power up relative to one and other, just as they are set up to be – no IP reconfiguration on the servers themselves!
- VMsources can help you update your public DNS, or we can help you automate the process of updating DNS in the event of a disaster.
Technical Advantages of Disaster Recovery with VMsources
- Gigabit Port on a dedicated fiber loop
- 100% optical connection to the Internet Backbone
- 42 ms. Intra-USA latency (Guaranteed by CenturyLink SLA)
- 99.9995% Uptime
- Up to 10 Static IP addresses
- Unique, isolated and firewalled network(s)
- Port forwarding configured & tested in advance
- 36 KW HP Parallel Infrastructure UPS (minimum 1-hour run time)
- N+2 Power redundancy (Better than the big cloud!)
- Power cost included
- Top Electrical Grid in a nationwide comparison
- Geologically stable (no major earthquakes in over 100 years)
- High Elevation means we are cooler by nature – easier to keep servers cool!
- No hurricanes!
- No floodplain!
- Low Crime Rate
- VMsources will create the VPN (equivalent to MPLS) and guarantee latency/throughput
- We will assist with initial replication – “seeding”
- VMsources will monitor/maintain DR side of the house
- Beware providers who claim they are “Tier 1.” There are only six Tier 1 Providers: Level 3 Communications, CenturyLink, Cable & Wireless Worldwide, UUNet, Sprint, AT&T Corporation, and Genuity .xxx
- Based on available appointments with a VMsources Cloud representative. Time from gathering the initial seed to having a Disaster Recovery Solution in place is less than 24 hours.
- Beware providers who claim they are “Tier 1.” There are only six Tier 1 Providers: Level 3 Communications, CenturyLink, Cable & Wireless Worldwide, UUNet, Sprint, AT&T Corporation, and Genuity .
- 2013 Grid Modernization Index - To download this report please visit: www.gridwise.org/documents/GridModernizationIndex_July2013.pdf